Safety and Health Audits offer the best return on investment when conducted by experienced and seasoned professionals.
We provide a well-rounded audit team, experienced in all audit procedures along with Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH) and/or a Certified Safety Professionals (CSP).
We come equipped with strong technical knowledge of the national, state, and local safety and health requirements as well as exceptional safety, health and environmental and knowledge.
What are the benefits of a Safety and Health Audits?
Safety and Health Audits are beneficial when assessing:
- Regulatory compliance (OSHA, CAL OSHA, JCAHO, ADA, State)
- Liability reduction opportunities
- Financial opportunities
- Program effectiveness
- Continuous improvement and benchmarking
- Internal management responsibility
- Workers’ compensation performance
The Audit Process
Audits begin with a pre-audit review of:
- Client documents
- Nature and scope of operations
- Determining expected hazards
- Potential exposures
The applicable regulations specific to the client’s Standard Industrial Code (SIC) and North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) can then be defined and preparation for the on-site portion of the audit begun.
The onsite portion of the audit begins with:
- A kickoff meeting
- Site inspection
- Review of pertinent records/documents
- A closing meeting for review of the findings/comments
Depending on the type, size and purpose of a facility, safety and health audits typically take one to five days of on-site time. Reports are typically completed and provided at the conclusion of the audit during the closing meeting.